Monday, March 28, 2011

There is nothing like a frosty cold beer!

In the previous post, Samantha discussed why women don’t like beer. Beer is definitely something that is an acquired taste. I, however, love beer. In fact, beer is my drink of choice.


My suggestion to women who are not used to the beer taste is to make sure to start with a hefeweizen or something more fruity like Blue Moon that is generally served with an orange slice. Oh and the most important thing is that the beer has to be ICE COLD! In my opinion, there is a huge difference between a cold beer and an ice-cold beer. Nothing compares to an ice-cold beer!!


I didn’t always enjoy beer and one of the first places I had it was at Islands, a burger restaurant. They serve their beers in a frosty mug so cold that when they pour it inside of the mug, the beer turns into a bit of a slush. I can’t explain how amazing this is, you have to try it for yourself! I highly recommend getting used to the beer taste in this fashion.


I think once women acquire the taste, they will begin enjoying beer with their favorite foods. As far as the perception of beer, I don’t think it is considered an overly manly drink by any means. I think that more women are starting to drink beer so it is less perceived as a masculine drink. When I think masculine, I think Scotch, not beer.


I love beer because there are so many different types with different tastes. There is something for everyone. I love trying different beers made around the world. I feel like it is a way for me to connect and enjoy their culture. Hopefully, more girls give beer a chance because there really is something unique and special about the taste of beer and how it is made.

No comments:

Post a Comment